Friday, June 25, 2010

Learning to Love Vegetables

First of all, my HCG should arrive today, this means I will be starting tomorrow. I am excited and nervous. So one of the biggest hardships I will soon face is learning to love vegetables. This could be why I have a problem with my weight to begin with. I am not a huge fan of vegetables, especially plain. For example: salad with no dressing or croutons. I tend to prefer my celery with peanut butter on it. This could lead to a problem since eating veggies is a huge part of the protocol. I'm hoping some of you out there many have some helpful hints on veggies you really like or ways to make them delicious. To be honest, there are many veggies I have not even tried. The ones on the protocol I haven't even tried are radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, and fennel. If you have any ideas let me know! I do like lettuce and celery but I don't think that alone will get me through, plus I'm up to trying new things. I bought a food scale yesterday. I can't believe I'm doing this.

My goal for the weekend is to finish all of my Diet Cherry Pepsi in the fridge so that there will be no temptation.

My toddler was dissecting my computer yesterday while I was folding laundry and he removed several letters. I have successfully put them back on but the A is hardly working.

My husband, a friend, and I took my son swimming for the first time yesterday. I thought he would absolutely love it since we have to fight with him to get him out of the bathtub. I was wrong, he screamed and cried. After 10 minutes of screaming we got out and sat by the pool. I seriously thought that we would be hated by the entire neighborhood by the time we got out. Shortly after a cute little girl came to the pool with her parents, she was younger than my son and she was having so much fun in the pool. Her dad said the secret was force. My son decided to give it another go since this girl was playing with a ball in the pool and he ended up slowly making his way into the water. He ended up having an OKAY time. We're going to try again this soon.

Oh and on our way to the pool we saw a car on fire in our neighborhood. It was crazy. You use the letter A a lot and this is driving me insane.

Since I talk about my family a lot I will post pictures of them, I just have to pick one or two I like out of the hundreds I have.

4 comments:

  1. I would like to know what are the best things to load on? I haven't been eating much with trying to lose weight on my own so I want to make sure to load properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and welcome to the HCG community! The sunscreen I put on stalled my weight. I have had a really rough P2 this round. I've lost maybe 5-6 pounds of *new" weight because I ended at 198.6 on R1 and then went up to 203 again with the loading. I am going to take an *interuption*. It's not going to be an interuption as the protocol instructs you to do but I am waiting for my injections to arrive. They're on their way and I hope they make it through customs. I'm Canadian so it's really really hard to order the injectionable HCG and get it over the border. I am using the spray and I just don't like it at all. I'm wondering what exactly is in it but I am not having an easy time. On R1 P2 I lost 32.5 pounds.

    So good luck on R1P2. I wish you most success and I look forward to following your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to add. My toddler did the same thing to my laptop. Ripped a few letters off and it was hell trying to type. Then I bought a refurbished laptop and wouldn't you know it - she did it again but this time ALL the letters. So I am without a laptop now. I had run to answer the phone and didn't learn my lesson that I always have to put the cover down first. You're more resourceful than I am in trying to put the letters back on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha thanks, we got all of the letters but the A back on. I'm pushing the round thing under it. We're looking to get a new keyboard but I can't find any for this model. It's a pain.

    I guess I'll try to find that Aveeno someone mentioned in your blog, I was using Huggies Spray last week, sharing with my son.

    ReplyDelete